Before I get started I thought I’d explain a little about what the Leibster Award actually entails. As I newbie I wasn’t 100% sure myself, but a quick Google search and I was pointed in the direction The Global Aussie which contained all of the information I needed. The Leibster Award is an annual award designed to give exposure to new bloggers. Each nominee is asked to answer 11 questions by their fellow blogger and then create 11 new questions for their 11 nominees. All a bit of fun, but a lovely way to promote your blog and support the blogging community.
So now that out of the way, here are the questions I was asked to answer….
1. Why did you start blogging?
Initially it was to document life with my daughter, I want her to be able to look back at my blog when she’s older and see all of the fun we’ve. However, now I’ve caught the bug, I really enjoy it and do it more for a hobby than anything else. I love connecting with new mums too. The blogging community are all so lovely.
2. Do you trust anyone with your life?
I’d like to think I could trust my husband. I am generally a calamity when it comes to all things adulating and he’s forever looking after me, so i’m pretty sure he’d stop me causing too much damage.
3. What’s your favourite pick up line?
Ha ha its been so long since I heard a chat up line —- actually that’s a lie, I was out with the girls last summer and someone dropped an ice cube on the floor in front of me saying ‘there now we’ve cracked the ice! …’ It was the first time i’d been out since having Ettie so I wasn’t feeling my best, but he really bumped up my confidence made me feel like I’d still got it! (if I ever had it ha!)
4. How many times have you called in fake sick to work/school?
Only once to a part time job! It was a beautiful sunny day in Brighton and my friends and I were sunbathing on the beach, when my now husband unexpectedly turned up right before I had to leave for work! I decided I couldn’t waste the opportunity to spend more time with him so faked an injury to my foot and called in sick! It was obviously worth it because we’re married now (I hope no one from that job reads this!)
5. If you could wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else, who would it be and why?
Oh Gosh so many people! Khloe Kardashian is a bit of alright but having lived with a massive bum all my life, I think I’d like to try a bod which didn’t accidentally knock things over when I brushed past them…. Yes that happens!! How about Blake Lively?? Yes I’d definitely like to be a tall California blonde for a day – would I have to change back?
6. How did you meet your best friend?
At university in Salford, although she was from my hometown too. I knew her a little bit because her now husband’s parents are friends with my parents but she was in a different year to me at school. We met properly while I was walking past my old university house and she was walking out the door. We said hello because of the coincidence discovered that even more randomly she’d been assigned the same room as me too! Spooky! xx.
7. Who was the last person you called?
Funnily enough it was Claire (best-friend from above!)
8. What would your ideal first date be?
I’ve been with my husband 6 years now so can’t imagine a first date with anyone else, but my perfect dates with him always involve sitting on a beach with a few drinks watching the sunset.
9. What’s one food you hate?
Aubergine!! I don’t know why, I’ve tried to like it and don’t really dislike anything else, but I cant stand the greasy texture! Blurghh!
10. How do you spend your free time?
Free time, if only! When I’m not at work, you’ll generally find me running around after Ettie and when she’s sleeping i’m generally cleaning/ blogging or planning our next adventure!
11. What can you catch, but can not throw?
Ha ha ha you cant catch me out with that one, especially at this time of year. A cold!!
So there you go, hope you enjoyed that! Now its my turn to nominate 11 more bloggers. Ive made such lovely connections through blogging, I hope you have as much fun doing this as me :
- Rochelle at Rhubarb and Wren
- Hannah at Little Snippets
- Lucy from Twenty Two Forever
- Emma at Thekingersandi.co.uk
- Sade at Sade Ann
- Katherine at The Weekend Fox
- Harriett at Harriet Duke
- Samantha at Just TShirt and Jeans
- Mummy Bubble from Mummy Bubble
- Sasha maeandmesite.wordpress.com
- Zoe at With Love Zoe
And my questions to you are:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favourite item of clothing at the moment?
- If you could have one super power for 24 hours, what would it be?
- Why did you pick the name of your blog?
- Who is the last dialed number on your phone?
- Of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most?
- Are you still happy with the name of your blog?
- If you could say one thing to your 13 year old self, what would it be?
- What is the best thing which has happened to you this week?
- Apple or Samsung (or other?)
- Do you have a job (aside from blogging) and if so what is it?
To those nominated, don’t forget to check out The Global Aussie to pick your award design!
To everyone else hope you enjoyed it! Make sure to check out all the lovely blogs I’ve linked!!
Happy Friday x